There were four people named EVERYBODY, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY and NOBODY. There was an important job to be done and EVERYBODY was asked to do it. EVERYBODY was sure SOMEBODY would do it. ANYBODY could have done it but NOBODY did it. SOMEBODY got angry about that because it was EVERYBODY’s job. EVERYBODY thought ANYBODY could do it but NOBODY realized that EVERYBODY wouldn’t do it. It ended up that EVERYBODY blamed SOMEBODY when NOBODY did what ANYBODY could have done.
I have been reading on the topic of motivation and I think I should share some points on how you can be successful with setting goals that you might find useful.
I am currently reading Motivate to Win by Richard Denny.
Goal setting is key in achieving anything in life and can be used to fuel motivation to accomplish things.
1. Make a list of your desires. Write is out clearly and be realistic with your desires.
2. Select a goal from your list that is achievable in the next three months. Something that will not be too overwhelming.
3. Clearly define your target. There shouldn’t be any ambiguity of what exactly achieving that goal would look like. Be specific.
4. Take times to visualize your achievement and see it as if you have a already achieved it.
5. Set a deadline when you should have achieved it. Setting deadlines causes you to take the necessary actions to achieve your goal.
6. Make use of a reminder. Write your goal down some where you can always see it. As humans we tend to forget things that need to be done. Making use of reminders is a powerful way of sticking to the activities that will help achieve your goals.